To be the best voluntary organisation for the development of young people in Hong Kong for the betterment of our society.
To operate an education movement for young people providing them with challenging and progressive training programmes for their physical, intellectual, social, spiritual and aesthetic development.
To achieve this mission, we will:
- involve young people throughout their formative years in a non-formal educational process;
- use the distinct Scout method that makes each individual the principal agent in his or her development as a self-reliant, supportive, responsible and committed person; and
- assist young people to establish a value system based upon spiritual, social, ethical and personal principles as expressed in the Scout Promise and Law
As a youth development agency, Scout Association of Hong Kong will strive its best to:
- promote Scouting to the community and increase its membership;
- identify and provide suitable training for adult leadership and guidance for young people;
- uphold good governance;
- obtain the recognition and support of the community to Scouting and its activities;
- be recognized as a major contributor to policies on youth issues;
- provide opportunities for its members to participate in local, national and international activities; and
- provide support for the development of World Scouting.
We recognize the importance for adults to act as role models to nurture young people:
- to develop a sense of self-worth, national identity and civic responsibility;
- to respect equality and fairness in dealings with all people;
- to appreciate diversity and inclusion, to possess global perspectives, and to promote world peace and sustainable development.
Code of Moral and Ethics
Please refer to Policy Circular No. 01/2021 “Code of Conduct” issued on 15 October 2021 for details.