To be the best voluntary organisation for the development of young people in Hong Kong for the betterment of our society.
To operate an education movement for young people providing them with challenging and progressive training programmes for their physical, intellectual, social, spiritual and aesthetic development.
To achieve this mission, we will:
- involve young people throughout their formative years in a non-formal educational process;
- use the distinct Scout method that makes each individual the principal agent in his or her development as a self-reliant, supportive, responsible and committed person; and
- assist young people to establish a value system based upon spiritual, social, ethical and personal principles as expressed in the Scout Promise and Law
As a youth development agency, Scout Association of Hong Kong will strive its best to:
- promote Scouting to the community and increase its membership;
- identify and provide suitable training for adult leadership and guidance for young people;
- obtain the recognition and support of the community to Scouting and its activities;
- be recognized as a major contributor to policies on youth issues;
- provide opportunities for its members to participate in local, national and international activities; and
- provide support for the development of World Scouting.
We recognize the importance of:
- individuals developing a sense of personal identity and self worth which leads to responsible citizenship;
- adults providing suitable role models for young people;
- respect for equality and fairness in dealings with all people; and
- the development of understanding between individuals towards world peace.
Code of Moral and Ethics
Adult Membersshall conform to the moral standard and possess professional conduct in order to maintain good personal image and preserve the reputation of the Association. The Code encompasses the following :
- Keep the Scout Promise and Law
- Act as role model for young people
- Safe young people from harm
- Adhere to the principles of integrity
- Be fair in treating people and/or matters
- Exercise courtesy and restraint in words and deeds
- Take responsibility of own words and deeds
- Respect privacy of others