All Scout units, having regard to their needs and situations, can now resume face-to-face Scout activities (meetings, activities and trainings) and / or continue to conduct activities through virtual means. For the sake of health safety of participants, units are required to strictly follow the pandemic prevention measures and observe the following:
1. Requirements and/or guidelines of the Sponsor, venue provider or Government authorities concerned (e.g. Education Bureau) shall be adhered to.
2. When organizing activities in public place, the arrangement of scout activities shall strictly adhere to the requirements stipulated under the Prevention & Control of Disease (Prohibition on Group Gathering) Regulation including but not limited to maximum number of people allowed at a group gathering in public place, social distancing and restriction on meal arrangement, AND requirements of the activity venues concerned.
3. Even if the activity venue is not under the ambit of Government regulations, suitable social distancing and prevention measures should be adopted.
4. Assessments on pandemic situation, risks of COVID-19 spreading, precautionary measures, venue facilities and ratio of participants, etc shall be conducted in organizing activities.
5. Scout activity shall as far as possible be a half-day event. If the activity has to be a full-day event, the activity in-charge shall make proper and suitable arrangements to avoid participants taking meals together.
6. Participants shall be requested to complete the Health Declaration Form (Appendix 1 or 2) before commencement of the activity and also to first check their own body temperatures before leaving home. Those with fever or respiratory symptoms should not go for the activity and are urged to seek medical advice as soon as possible. Should there be changes after the declaration, participants concerned should report to the leaders as soon as possible.
7. The activity in-charge shall arrange to check the body temperatures of participants before they enter the activity venue. Those with the said symptoms should not be allowed to attend the activity.
8. Participants shall take precautionary measures including but not limited to wearing masks and keeping hands clean.
9. The activity in-charge has to reserve some contingent masks and provide hand hygiene products (e.g. liquid soap and alcohol-based hand sanitizer) to meet ad-hoc needs.
For more information and relevant measures on the disease, please visit the designated webpage “Together, We Fight the Virus!” of the Government (https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/index.html). Should you have further enquiry, please contact our Staff at 2957 6322 during office hours (Mon- Fri: 9.30am-6pm, except public holidays).
The Association will keep reviewing the above arrangements on Scout activities. Updated arrangements will be announced through the website.
Appendix 1: Health Declaration (For Adult Member/Rover Scout/Venture Scout/ Other participants of age 18 or above) [Updated in July 2021]
Appendix 2: Health Declaration (For Scout/Cub Scout/Grasshopper Scout/ Other participants of age below 18) [Updated in July 2021]