Welcome to the Cub Scout Pack!
During your first two months with the Pack you will be involved in many activities to earn your MEMBERSHIP BADGE.
To earn the badge you must complete all the sections below.
If you have been a Grasshopper Scout you can continue to wear your Grasshopper Badge on your Cub Scout uniform until you are invested as a Cub Scout.
Tell a Leader in the Cub Scout Pack about your hobbies and interests and what you like to do best.
KNOW MY SIX
Join a Six and get to know the other members by taking part in an activity with them.
KNOW MY PACK
- Get to know the other Cub Scouts and Leaders by taking part in at least two Pack meetings.
- Get to know your Group number, District, Region and Sponsoring Authority.
KNOW MY COUNTRY
Identify the National Flag of the People’s Republic of China and the Regional Flag of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, and understand their meanings.
KNOW CUB SCOUT BADGES
(Including the meanings of the badges and the shapes)
- Membership Badge
- Cub Scout Award
- Cub Scout Adventure Award
- Cub Scout Adventure Crest Award
- The Golden Bauhinia Award
- Activity Badges (At least four of the most interesting)
- Scout Family Badges
THE JUNGLE BOOK
- Be able to tell how Mowgli entered the Wolf pack and know its meaning.
- Know the characters in the Jungle Book story.
- Understand the meaning of Grand Howl and the Pack calls.
PACK CALLS AND COMMANDS
Know the meaning of the Pack calls and commands and how to react when they are used
- At ease
- Fall in
- Fall out, Dismissed
- Pack, Pack, Pack
1. NATIONAL ANTHEM AND FLAG
Identify the National Anthem and behave in a suitable manner when the National Anthem is performed or sung, and the National or Regional Flag is hoisted.
2. THE SALUTE
3. GRAND HOWL
- Full Salute: When to perform, correct method and sign.
- Cub Scout Sign: When to perform, correct method and sign.
- Left handshake: Do you know why Scouts shake hands with their left hand?
- Attention: When to show attention.
Know the correct procedure and calls and them in the Grand Howl.
4. FLAG BREAK
Know the procedure and calls and take part in the Flag Break ceremony.
Know the meaning of the I nvestiture and participate in the practice for the ceremony.
Be familiar with your uniform and know the position of the various badges.
7. PROMISE, LAW and MOTTO
Understand the meanings of the Cub Scout Promise and Law
8. THE SCOUT FAMILY
Try to follow them in your daily life
Understand the meaning of the Motto
The Scout Family Badge is taken in 4 stages.
Scout Family Badge (First Stage, Red) – Membership Level
Scout Family Badge (Second Stage, Yellow) – Cub Scout Award Level
Scout Family Badge (Third Stage, Blue) – Cub Scout Adventure Award Level
Scout Family Badge (Fourth Stage, Green) – Cub Scout Adventure Crest Award Level
How Scouting Began
- Where did Baden-Powell run his first experiential camp with young people?
- In which year did Scouting begin?
- Baden Powell collected all his experiential camp experiences into a book. What is its name?
- What were the first Cub Scouts known as?
- In which year did Cub Scouts begin?
- With which movement was Baden-Powell’s wife involved?
The Cub Scout Family
- How many Sections does the Scout movement have?
- What are the names of the Sections?
- With which Section is the Cub Scout Section most closely related?
- Apart from the Cub Scout Leaders , who are the other people who support our Cub Scout activities? Try to write down the name of one of them and report on the ways that he or she has helped us.
Congratulations! You have now completed the Cub Scout Membership Badge.
After your investiture you will officially be a Cub Scout and have already achieved the first stage of the Scout Family Badge.
Date of Investiture_________________________________________________
Signature of Investing Authority_______________________________________