Mr Herald Dahl, Travelling Commissioner for the Commonwealth Scouts visited Hong Kong and suggested in 1951 that Headquarters should develop their responsibilities to Districts. In accordance with his suggestion Hong Kong was divided into Hong Kong, Kowloon and New Territories Districts. In 1952, Hong Kong District and the New Territories District were subdivided into 4 districts. Together with Kowloon District, there were a total of 5 Districts.
Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and New Territories were each made into an Area since 1958 with a number of Districts under them.
With generous donations and helps from Sir Arthur Morse and the Royal Hong Kong Jockey Club; together with the subsidies from the Hong Kong Government, a new purposely built Headquarters was erected at No. 9 Cox's Road. The new Headquarters "Morse House" was officially opened in 1954.